Thursday, November 26, 2015

An Altered CD Case

Hello, thanks for stopping by I hope your day is going well.  This is my inspiration creation for the new challenge at Julia Spiri's challenge blog.  It starts today with the fun theme:  Alter Something.

I decided to use this digital image Picking Mushrooms from Julia Spiri's Etsy store, Julia has a wonderful selection of fun and adorable characters and she is coming out with new ones every couple of weeks.

I took an old CD case, emptied it, glued magnetic sheets to the inside, layered my image to embossed cs framing it with lace. I also put the lace on the inside to give it a more finished look.  I think I'll use it for those itty bitty dies and keep it close to my table.

I hope you'll come and join in the challenge sharing your creations with us.  I do enjoy visiting your blogs and gaining inspiration from you.

Julia also has a fun Facebook group where there is a challenge and sometimes a game where you may win one or more of her images or just to share your creations.


Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps:  Make Your Mark
Artistic Inspiration:  ATG
 Clear it Out:  Glitter Stash
Crafty Gals Corner:  ATG
Crafting with an Attitude:  ATG
V's Sweet Ideas:  Bling
The Crafty Addicts:  ATG
Sisters of Craft:  ATG

11 comments:

Dawn said...

What a great project! So clever!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Jackie T said...

What a brilliant idea and it is so beautifully decorated. Hugs Jackie

Unknown said...

Oh WOW, this is fabulous, and such a fabulous idea, I have just spent a fortune on Die Storage, but could do with something like this on my desk, as you say for the little dies, that are used most often. hugs xxx

Anonymous said...

Hello Barb, A fabulous idea and looks amazing to, love the image and the lace, great colouring.

Jade xx

Amy Cohen said...

Wonderful image and CD case creation. Very useful- thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner.
Amy-DT

Mari said...

Such a wonderful creation. Thanks for playing with us at The Crafty Addicts :) xx Mari

Julia Spiri said...

Great creation! Very beautiful and nice idea!
Hugs, Julia.

Rahmat said...

Beautiful project, and love all the girly elements here, so happy to see you at ATSM.

Lisa Mensing said...

Such a cute image, very sweet with the lace. Thanks for playing along at Clear It Out's Holiday Glitter Challenge. Lisa DT

Jacqueline Muller said...

Very cute! I always love the images of Julia!!
Thanks for sharing with us at Sisters of Craft.Hope to see you next time as well.
Hugs, Jacqueline ~ DT

Gale said...

Fab project. Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Addicts in our "Anything Goes/Use Die Cuts Challenge" and we hope to see you again real soon. Hugs, Gale DT

Blog Archive